Larry has over 41 years as a rehabilitation therapist and 34 years working as a driver rehab therapist. He worked as the Coordinator of the G.F. Strong Driver Rehab Centre from 1985 until 2007 when he retired.
Larry has worked for many years with people having all kinds of disabilities, assessing them and teaching them to drive with their disabilities. Larry has worked with every kind of adaption from low technology adaptions like mechanical steering aids, to high technology electronic adaptions and driving aids.
Larry is so dedicated to the field of Driver Rehab, a field where he is one of the foremost experts in the world, that he continues to work to advance this field and help disabled drivers. Currently Larry is operating his own business, Larry Bowen Driver Rehab Inc. in Port Coquitlam, B.C., and continues working on a consultative and casual basis in the G.F. Strong Driver Rehab Centre. He is a frequently requested speaker at international conferences on driver rehab and vehicle adaption technologies.
- Larry Bowen graduated from Simon Fraser University in 1973 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology.
- He was employed by G.F. Strong Rehab Centre as a Remedial Gymnast Therapist working on all aspects of rehabilitation.
- He was the Coordinator of the Driver Rehab Centre from 1985 – 2007.
- He retired in May 2007 but continues to work as a casual employee at the G.F. Strong Driver Rehab Centre.
- Mr.Bowen is an active member of the Association of Driver Rehab Specialists (ADED) an international organization since 1985.
- Secretary of the Board of Directors 1994
- President elect 1995
- President 1996
- Past president 1997
- Chairman of finance 1998
- Chairman of board – development committee 2005/2006/2013/2014/2015.
- Mr. Bowen is an active member of the National Mobility Dealers Association (NMEDA).
Mr. Peter Faminoff – Driving Instructor
Peter has over 30 years of experience as an instructor and over 50 years of experience in the trucking industry. He is a licensed instructor for class 1,2,3,4 and 5 licenses and has been doing driver training continuously for the past 18 years. He has worked with many disabled drivers and has trained people on all types of machinery and in all types of weather conditions.
Not only will he teach you what you need to know in order to drive with your disability, but he can work with you to help overcome any fears or worries you might have if you are getting back behind the wheel after an accident. Peter forms strong relationships with the students he teaches, that is why he has been so successful as an instructor over the course of 30 years. You can count on Peter as your driving instructor.
We have a registered psychologist committed to the team who is working on a consulting basis.